Right after that fateful MPR day we had a pop-up art show happening in the Camberwell College common room. At first I was mopey and didn’t want to submit anything, but Janet’s email got me going and I decided to leave the current WIPs and move onto something I had been waiting to try for a long time: 2.5D animation.
It took some research to figure out that I could use a combo of old photoshop and blender to create these animations for free. Blender LOOKED extremely difficult; way too many buttons and things and it took a few tutorials to see where everything was at.
Then I jumped into photoshop with my wacom tablet and layer masked first the foreground and then background of the “alienation” painting I created earlier, saving each layer as a png file.
Those were imported into blender, meshed, edited and voila, the paint looks like it is dripping! (I hope).
Things I realized:
- I’m going to need a LOT more studying, research and practice before I can animate paintings more realistically.
- THIS WAS FUN!
Okay, Ayla is really losing it now, more blog posts to come later! <3 The animation is this: